Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Blue Light Protection

🗣 What is Blue Light, anyway?? ðŸ—£






Blue Light is made up of short wavelengths which means higher amounts of energy. Once upon a time, the sun was the only source of blue light...but now we are also exposed to it via all our digital screens. Some concerns include eye strain and possible macular cellular damage. Blue Light can also negatively impact our skin by causing wrinkles, hyperpigmentation & redness. Yikes!


Some ways I combat blue light exposure:


1. I wear blue light filter glasses - I got these super cute pink framed, blue light protection glasses on Amazon


2. Also, I use this new Blue Light Filter Protect + Set Mist from Ilia Beauty which is a super easy & convenient way to protect against the harmful waves...this mist which is also a great makeup prep & setting spray is light & refreshing with a subtle lavender scent. It helps to defend skin against Blue Light damage by neutralizing free radicals. It’s also infused with anti-pollution marine actives...very cool 


3. I further protect my skin from UVA/UVB & Blue Light with a moisturizing skin tint like my go-to “Best Skin Days” from Iris and Romeo


It needs no reminder... but wearing sunscreen daily, like the one from Frudia, is always one of the best things you can do for your skin (and health)! I also love to wear hand cream that features sunscreen as well. This one from UnSun has been a great option for me - not only because it protects the delicate skin on my hands but also absorbs quickly with a luminous finish.


What do you do to protect your skin and eyes from Blue Light?


xoxo -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment